So, what causes pimples? Only if we were fully aware of the answer to this question, would we have never suffered with pimples? There are so many different factors that contribute to the cause of acne on our skin and we've talked about this several times on Wishtrend TV. But we decided to go into more details on exactly what causes pimples by sharing some of the DOs and DON'Ts from food to ingredients.
Watch the full video about "Cosmetic Ingredients & Foods for Acne Prone Skin | What Products Should We Use for Acne Skin"
3 Ingredients That Will Fight Acne
1. Green Tea
To talk about the benefit of green tea on our body, we can go on and on and I can write a whole new article for it. However, if we have to specifically talk about its effect for acne prone skin, there are distinctive traits that green tea has that makes it a great ingredient to fight acne.
- It has great anti-inflammatory properties that is effective to reduce redness on skin and inflammation caused by acne.
- It is rich in catechins, which helps destroy acne-causing bacteria.
- It helps treat with balances hormonal imbalances.
- It has high antioxidant concentration that eliminates acne-causing radicals
Cleanse your skin with green tea
If you have acne prone skin you would definitely know what AHA is, or at least for those who exfoliate will know this ingredient. Alpha hydroxy acids, or AHAs, are natural acids derived from fruits (ex. oragnes, lemons and etc). It is known to loosen and get rid of the dead skin cells on the skin's surface. The level of removing dead skin cells differ according to the which ingredient AHA was extracted from but it's effective to prevent buildup of dead skin cells and improves dull skin tone not in an irritating way.
- It exfoliates the skin by loosening dead skin cells off from the face
- It inhibits melanin formation which makes it effective to remove discoloration
- It improves skin's ability to absorb active ingredients in your skincare products by removing keratin
- It helps to remove wrinkles by enhancing collagen production
Exfoliate with Mandelic Acid
3. Centella Asiatica Extract (Gotu Kola)
- It improves synthesis of collagen and skin tissue
- It boosts antioxidant activity on skin
- It is known to speed healingblemishes and wounds on skin
- It also helps strengthen skin's barrier
Prevent Acne Scarring with Teca Barrier Cream