Glass Skin,is a beauty skin care routine trend that originated from South Korea. Originally known as Yuri-Pibu(유리 피부) in Korean, Glass Skin embodies the appearance of skin that is naturally flawless without the use of makeup. To achieve the Glass Skin look, characteristics of Hydrated, Glowing, and dewy skin must be achieved accompanied with poreless, blemishless, smooth, and translucent looking skin. All in all, you want your natural skin to mimic the characteristics of glass in itself, without looking oily.
If you do not already naturally have perfect skin, then this trend can seem rather far-fetched. However, glass skin is not a trend that you can create over-night. Glass Skin is a beauty trend that should be treated as a lifestyle and a skin transformation process, as this trend can take time and effort, accompanied with the proper skin care routine to achieve.
Achieving the “Glass Skin” look all starts with restructuring and creating a complete skin care routine. The “Glass Skin” trend is not your standard makeup routine, but a skin transformation via the proper care and pampering. Achieving the look all comes down to how you treat your skin, whether it be a basic skin care routine or the Korean 10 step routine, starting from the bottom up is what it all comes down to.
1. Gentling cleanse the skin with lukewarm water and a pH balanced cleansing foam. (Lukewarm water effectively opens pores without drying out the skin. While a pH balanced cleansing foam regulates skin while removing just the right amount of built up oils.
2. Hydrate and prep the skin with a gentle hydrating toner. (Using a hydrating and soothing toner will gently tighten pores after cleansing, wipe away any excess cleanser all whilst adding hydration into the skin. This allows the following skincare products to absorb into the skin more efficiently, thereby boosting their effects on the skin.)
*Try: [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial Toner
Tip: Use [KLAIRS] Toner Mate 2 in 1 Cotton Pad to apply toner to the skin. This will aid in the removal of dead skin cells and better absorption to encourage more vibrant looking skin
3. Use a calming, cooling, and hydrating toner to add hydration deep into the skin. (Using a calming hydrating toner will not only add rich hydration to the skin, but it will also help to reduce redness, irritation and inflammation in the skin. Creating healthy glowing skin.)
4. Use a moisturizing cream that has a balance in both water and oil to keep skin healthy and balanced throughout the day. Use Pea sized amount on the face, add more if needed in areas that become more dry. (Using a balancing cream will help keep the skin looking naturally healthy and smooth throughout the day. Aiding in the creation of Glass Skin.)
5. Finish off with a facial SPF that is designed for sensitive skin. (Not only should you use an spf everyday to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays that accelerate skin aging. You also should always consider using SPF that is designed for sensitive skin types. These SPF’s are less lightly to cause irritation and clog pores. They also contain calming and soothing ingredients that will encourage healthy glowing skin.)
6. BONUS! Use a base makeup that creates an encourages a natural dewy and hydrated complexion while evening out skin tone. (Using a light to medium coverage foundation or BB Cushion is a great way to polish off the “Glass Skin” look by creating a soft, smooth, naturally luminous and perfected complexion.)
*Try: [KLAIRS] Mochi BB Cushion
1. Use a natural based cleansing oil to thoroughly remove any makeup, dirty & oil, as well as SPF. (Cleansing oils work to reach deep into the pores to lift debris out, whilst breaking down makeup and spf, resulting in perfectly clear skin.)
Tip: Wet a cotton pad, ring out the water, add 1 pump of cleansing oil to the cotton pad and hold over the eyes and lips. After a few moment, wipe away to remove eye makeup and lip makeup. Use the same method on a second cotton pad and wipe over the face to remove facial makeup. After, add 1 pump of cleansing oil to you hands and massage over the face to remove makeup thoroughly. Rinse away with lukewarm water.
2. For completely cleansed skin, go in with a second cleanse using a natural based charcoal soap. (the method of 2-step cleansing is the ultimate way to properly cleanse the skin. This method is extremely beneficial to those who are prone to clogged pores and acne who wear makeup throughout the day.)
3. Prep the skin by using a hydrating toner & cotton pad to remove dead skin cells and add hydration into the skin. (Add toner to a cotton pad and wipe over the skin. After, add a few drops of toner to the palms of your hands and gentle pat into the skin to add extra hydration.)
4. Use a treatment serum to stimulate collagen, boost glow and create an even complexion while providing anti-aging care. (use a gentle anti-aging vitamin serum that will help get rid of uneven skin tone to create healthy glowing skin. These types of serums will give your skin the transformation it needs to achieve the “Glass Skin” look. To boost the effects, gently press the serum into the skin with warm hands to stimulate absorption.)
*Try: [KLAIRS] Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
5. Finish off with a enhancing cream to seal in hydration and moisture while providing anti-aging and skin illuminating benefits. (Make sure you use a enhanced cream in your evening skin care routine. Use a cream that is designed to stimulate the benefits of other skincare products, firm the skin, hydrate, nourish and brighten and uneven complexion to maximize the effects of a “Glass Skin” skin care routine.)
*Try: [KLAIRS] Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask